A COMPLETELY FREE TUITION RESOURCE LIBRARY FOR GUITARISTS & GUITAR TEACHERS - BY CHRIS PEARCE BA (Hons)

Wednesday 3 September 2008

Welcome!


Welcome to this free guitar tuition blog page!


The page is still under construction but hopefully you will find that this blog will soon become an important resource for students of the guitar and guitar teachers alike as the months roll on. The creases will be ironed out as I become more savey with the ins and outs of blogging (I hope!) and more and more material will be added as quickly as I can post it.

The purpose of this site is to provide material that will supplement the education of both the novice and seasoned guitarist, presenting material, songs, ideas, techniques, exercises and tips on how to become a well-rounded and professional musician. The blog is also intended to be a support for guitar tutors looking for new ideas, tips and material to use when teaching. The page is not designed to replace one-on-one guitar tuition. Having a knowledgable guitar tutor/mentor is an essential part of any serious student's training. Learning from an internet site such as this is just one small part of an entire package of opportunities available to develop as a well-rounded and proficient guitar player and musician.

If you haven't got a qualified and experienced tutor, please go and get one! Then absorb as much music as you can - go to gigs, watch DVDs, listen to the radio, CDs, MP3s, your Mum and Dad's LP collection, MTV, anywhere you possibly can get it. Read about music. Listen to musicans talk about music and how they became musicians. Have an open mind. Just because you listen to one style of music all the time doesn't mean you can't learn from another. Music is a language. It's the same thing whether it be funk, classical, jazz, blues, metal, indie or whatever. It's all music.

Now, I'm not trying to convert anyone to any particular type of music here in this blog (I play everything from classical through to death metal!). The plan is to upload a bit of everything and then build upon it over time. If you like it great! If you don't, well, don't worry, there will be other stuff coming soon that I'm sure you'll get something out of. At the end of the day, I love music. And I'm sure you do too or you wouldn't be reading this. I also love teaching and helping people learn about the guitar and musicianship. It gives me a buzz (honest!). Music has helped me so much in my life that I can't quite imagine where I'd be now without the six string. So now I'm hopefully giving something back.

Well, that's all I'll say for now but thanks for dropping by and I hope you'll visit often. There will be videos and MP3s uploaded asap. I'm doing this blog in my spare time and I'm usually working 6 days a week, 12 hours a day with teaching, gigging and sessions so please be patient! :)

Cheers!

Chris

ps: Please feel free to get in touch and check out some acoustic demos via MySpace...

http://www.myspace.com/chrispearceacoustic

or my main site...

http://chrispearcemusic.com/

:)



No comments: